March 14, 2006

Review of North of Sunset

At Grumpy Old Bookman, there’s the first review of North of Sunset. Can’t say I agree with everything he’s saying--he mentions there aren’t enough scenes. It’s funny because I was worried that the novel was too Hollywood. In my defense, he read the novel on PDF, so maybe it didn’t flow as naturally. The novel has met with widely varying reactions. Some editors said it was too literary, while some others said it was too mainstream. Which I’m going to say is a good thing. Thanks to Michael Allen for the write-up.

1 comments:

Henry Baum said...

Actually, a lot of people find the book funny, not so unpleasant. People didn’t get that American Psycho is supposed to be funny either. There’s a lot of humor in Jim Thompson--the end of A Hell of a Woman. I was surprised when someone read NOS as a straight noir book, when I don’t think it’s so hard-boiled. I see it as Tom Wolfe gone haywire, which I don’t really want to say because Tom Wolfe sucks now.

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template 'Morning Drink' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 / An SEO Wordsmith Production

Back to TOP